Friday, October 31, 2014

Brew Review: Halloween Edition!

Happy Halloween! It's one of my favorite holidays, and I am pretty excited. Although I am now and adult (and will probably consume a few adult beverages throughout the night), I still love to relive my childhood and use Halloween as an excuse to eat some of my favorite candies. This year, I decided to combine the two, and I compiled a list of the best Nebraska craft beers to pair with your leftover Halloween treats. This post was inspired an article from Craft Beer and Brewing titled “Craft-Beer Pairings for Halloween Candy.” Make sure you check out their original post for more great beer and candy combos. 


This sweet, yet crisp beer is the perfect brew to cut through all that sticky caramel.

 This one isn’t technically a Nebraska Brew, Buffalo Sweat Oatmeal Cream Stout pairs well with the sweetness and creaminess of milk chocolate.

This IPA is packed with citrus and fruity flavors and the bitterness of the beer can easily standup to the sweet and sour flavors of your favorite gummy candy.

Snickers: Nut Brown Ale- Zipline Brewing Company
Zipline’s Nut Brown isn’t as overtly sweet as other brown ales on the market, which makes it the ideal counterpart to a sweet and nutty Snickers bar.

Chocolate Covered Coffee Beans: Espresso Porter- Modern Monks
If you’re looking for a little pick-me-up to get you through the night, this combination is definitely a winner.

Bonus: If you’re already looking forward to Thanksgiving, try Modern Monk’s Autumn Bomb Pumpkin Pie Ale. It has all the spices and flavors of a real pumpkin pie, so it's extra delicious. Almost as good as the real thing. 

Leave a comment and let me know your favorite candy/beer pairing. And whatever beverages you're consuming, have a safe and happy Halloween! 




No comments:

Post a Comment